Wisdom Tooth Pain
Time needed to be seen: Immediately
Impacted teeth are painless until they start to come out. As impacted teeth start to erupt out of gum tissue there will be a flap of gum tissue above it that may become infected and swollen. This can hurt a lot. You may even feel pain sensation near your teeth or on your ear on the side of your face.
Infection in the gum tissue that is cause by the infected tooth is termed pericoronitis pain unbearable. If this infection is not treated it will spread to your throat or into your neck. Severe infections will require that you go to the hospital. Because impacted wisdom teeth pain are so hard to clean they may have cavities or cause food to be lodged in between adjacent teeth and cause your adjacent teeth to have cavities. This will leads to a dental abscess.
There is no home remedy to treat an impacted wisdom tooth pain. You can get some relief by rinsing with warm salt water in the area of pain. However, it is difficult to get underneath the gum tissue without special tools seen at your emergency dentist. You will have to see your 24 Hour Emergency Dentist Near Me to get proper care for the infected area.
What is Wisdom Tooth Pain Symptoms
Because signs aren’t always present, you may not know if you have impacted wisdom teeth. But there are some warning alerts. If you have any of the following wisdom tooth pain symptoms or signs of impacted wisdom teeth, consult with your dentists in midtown and uptown immediately.
These are some of the common wisdom tooth pain symptoms-
Inflamed gum tissue
Swelling of the gum tissue in the back of your mouth
Difficulty opening your jaw
Bad taste in the mouth
Pain when you open your mouth
Pain when chewing or eating
How long Does Wisdom Tooth Pain Last?
Recovery would differ from person to person after removing a wisdom tooth. Many patients may feel discomfort for a prolonged period after a wisdom tooth extraction. The other side effects after the surgery may consist a swollen mouth and cheeks, stiffness, moderate bruising, prickling, or dullness in the mouth.
The process of wisdom tooth pain relief will go like this:
● In 24 hours of starting the blood clots will grow near the removal site, facilitating a shielding layer for the exposed nerve endings, and footing for new tissue.
● After 2-3 days, the patient may notice the apparently decreasing swelling in the mouth and cheek area.
● In the next, 10-14 days, the expert dentists will remove the stitches.
● After 14 days, all the bruising will be gone completely, if the whole process is successful. Now, your mouth should feel relaxed and comfortable.
How to stop wisdom tooth pain?
Generally, wisdom teeth pain goes on its own after a few days, but in some cases, the pain will be high and needs dentist recommendation and advice. Still, if the pain is bearable to some extent, then you should try the following remedies:
● Use a saltwater mouth rinse
● Apply an ice pack
● Numbing gel
After using all such home remedies, if these things will not work, you need to consult a walk-in dentist near me who will give you a perfect answer on how to stop wisdom tooth pain. Go ahead! And explore all these home remedies for wisdom tooth pain relief and oral health care.
What to do until you can get to your dentist’s office:
-Rinse with warm salt water in area of pain
-Take an over the counter pain reliever such as Tylenol
Your Visit will include:
-XRays will be taken of the affected tooth
-Diagnostic tests to find out the origin of the infection, gum versus tooth
Treatment depends on where the source of infection is.
1) Gum Tissue Infection: Drainage of the area, cleaning of underneath the flap of gum tissue and rinse with antibiotics.
2) Tooth Infection: Root Canal Therapy, Core Buildup, Dental Crown
3) Removal of your wisdom teeth will allow you to properly clean the area and prevent further inflammation.