Any pain that has to do with teeth is very sensitive, and with all the dentists available in the world, people are still scared of people poking needles and tools in their mouths but before we head over to natural methods/homemade treatments for curing tooth abscess, let discuss a bit more about abscess tooth treatment, and facilities that respect your preference of non-abrasive treatments by giving you options that will help you with your untreated abscess tooth.
What is a tooth abscess?
When you feel constant pain in your jaw and a throbbing headache; you might be suffering from an abscessed tooth. It can be something to worry about, or it can be something that will drive you crazy due to the pain.
A tooth abscess is an infection within the tooth enamel that spreads within the tooth to the root canal and in most cases gathering liquid or pus from dissolving tissue. This causes the tooth to be shaking painful and throbbing. The abscess is a collection of bacteria and decay from white blood cell fighting off the infection and tissue debris.
So before we go any further, please note that abscess tooth is not the same with a gum abscess even when it is close to a tooth.
Symptoms of an untreated abscess tooth
Most people suffering from tooth abscess can’t really pinpoint the exact tooth that hurt as the entire area feels like a fire burning, but with a visit to a dentist, the tooth is easily noticed in an X-ray. When you can’t chew, biting or sleep well because of a pain in your jaw or is suffering from one of the following, it is definitely a tooth abscess
- Sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks
- Increase in body temperature or a headache on one side of your head
- Swelling on the side of the cheek where the tooth abscess is located
- Swollen gum and redness in the spot with the abscess
- Bad smell emitting from the affected tooth
Causes of Tooth Abscess
Tooth abscess is caused by many reasons, and the common been is as a result of an extracted tooth or in most cases the wisdom tooth, a cracked tooth resulting from a fall or accident, gum infection or a dental procedure by a quack, uncertified dentist. All the above listed are enhanced by poor dental hygiene that can take something minor to a point where it literarily hurts your life and schedules.
Pain Relief for Tooth Abscess
Some preventive measures for untreated abscess tooth include basic preventive techniques that anyone can do at home. These steps will improve your orals and help you tackle tooth abscess anytime.
- Avoid food and drinks with high sugar content: this might not be the direct cause of a tooth abscess, but it is the beginning, and the root cause of tooth decays that lead to abscesses. When such foods are consumed consistently will not only lead to decay but an abscess.
- Furthermore, if you already have an untreated abscess too, these foods are acidic and trigger pain and discomfort
- Avoid extremely hot or cold foods: when you suffer from an abscess, it signifies that there is a bad tooth that reacts to cold or hot food close to it. If you experience such with a tooth, you might have an abscess.
- Go for a tooth filling: most times tooth decay or a hole in your teeth can lead to an abscess. If you can visibly see a hole in your tooth, please visit the dentist. Having the hole filled will reduce the pain and prevent any further infection or the spread of it.
- Improve and increase your oral hygiene process: although excruciating, brushing or flossing the areas surrounding the tooth that hurts seldom reduces the pain. If you try this and it doesn’t work, please visit your local medical facility or book an appointment with your dentist.
DIY Remedy for Tooth Abscess
If you are scared of the dentist or if you think that the untreated tooth abscess; the following home treatments have been proven to relieve tooth abscess.
Gaggle with warm salty water: mixing salt in warm water for the gaggle, help relieve the pain but not a permanent solution to a tooth abscess. The salty warm water neutralizes the mouth space, helps douse the pain, prevents the multiplication of bacteria, and freshens your breath.
Garlic Paste: Even though it stinks, garlic is one of the oldest remedies for the treatment of tooth abscess since the beginning of time. The garlic is peeled and mashed into a soft paste; this sift paste is applied directly to the teeth. The paste is left on for some minutes before been spat out. The process is repeated two or three times daily until relief is attained.
Peppermint Essential Oil: Peppermint oil includes active and very potent ingredient menthol that numbs the pain when dropped on the spot. The oil also improves the bad breath associated with abscess tooth and a very natural coolant for tooth related issues.
There are other remedies, but we always advise that if you suspect having an abscessed tooth or untreated abscess tooth, one of the best treatment is to visit a certified dentist for help with draining the abscess.
Abscess Tooth Treatment
Tooth abscess is treated at the root canal of the teeth or through surgery. Your dentist will drain the abscess to empty the spot and have it cleaned and bacteria free. If there is a hole in the teeth, the dentist fills the hole with a crown or fixes the tooth depending on how damaged it is after the abscess is drained. When the tooth is healed, it is important to maintain good dental hygiene to prevent such an incident from happening again.
If an abscess has eaten deep into the tooth, the dentist gives you the option of extraction and the new false teeth made to refill the space after the spot is completely healed.
How I Can Treat Abscessed Tooth At Home?
Bacterias in the mouth may infect and eventually inflamed hair follicles referred to as boils. The bacteria Staphylococcus aureus causes the formation of pus or boils in the mouth. If left untreated, it can spread further, therefore, it is essential to find out how to drain tooth abscess as early as possible.
Boils are like red bumps filled with pus, formed below the surface of the skin causing painful effects if it becomes larger in size. Consult your dentist to determine the appropriate method of how to drain gum abscesses to maintain your oral health. You use tooth abscess home treatment that may include the usage of tree oil, turmeric powder, Epsom salt, or a Neosporin tube as all the items contain anti-inflammatory properties and will help determine the way about how to drain an abscess tooth yourself.
However, to ensure the process goes well, please visit a good facility or click here for more information on tooth abscesses and how to treat them. www.emergencydentistinhuston.com will give you a treatment that suits you.