Gums are an imperative component of your oral health. Consisting of a firm, thick, pink tissue that hides the jawbones, gums are extremely vital to be ignored. Additionally, the thick, fibrous pink tissue is packed with blood vessels. If gums become swollen, the swelling might be notable on your face. The swelling usually begins where your gum meets your tooth. Sometimes the swelling can be so severe that it may start to burry your teeth. That’s why swollen gums are considered a dental emergency. If you notice that your gums are so swollen and red, report the matter to an emergency swollen gum dental dentist at once. Gingival swelling may also be indicated by other signs, such as sensitivity, irritation and pain. It’s always a matter that should be taken seriously.
What are the 4 main causes of Gingival Swelling?
If you have noticed that your gums bleed more often and easily when flossing and brushing, chances are that they are swollen. But why are they swollen? The following are 4 possible causes:
- Gum Disease – This is a widespread dental problem. It is one of the key reasons why people look for some of the best dental places for emergency situations. Gum disease is indeed a serious bacteria infection of the gums. Common in adults, gum disease is characterized by swollen, painful or infected gums. The early stage of infection is known as gingivitis and it is easily noted when cleaning the mouth, as it triggers bleeding. Sometimes it leads to bad breath. If left untreated, gingivitis graduates to a more serious dental problem called periodontitis. This disease eats away at the tissues that backup your teeth and hold them in place. When left unattended, periodontitis damages your jawbone, causing tiny gaps to open between the teeth and gum. The end result is that your teeth will become too loose to stay intact; they will fall out. So, don’t ignore your gum swelling, get to the nearest emergency dental office and get examined. Your risk is higher if you: smoke, chew tobacco, are diabetic, consume given drugs, are pregnant, have poorly fit dental appliances and have weak immunity due to sickness. It is important to see your American dental dentist if your:
- Gums are Red, tender or swollen
- Gums are Bleeding when cleaning your teeth
- Gums are Receding
- Your feel pain when chewing and your teeth are sensitive
- Partial dentures don’t feel fit like before
- Breath is foul and doesn’t get better after cleaning your mouth
- Have dental abscess or loose teeth
- Cavities – This is another common cause of swollen gums. It would be right to locate emergency dental services near me on the internet, if you have painful teeth and swollen gums. Chances are that you have tooth decay (cavities). It is comprised of a hole that develops in your tooth. This hole starts as a small, painless cavity that anyone would ignore. Then, it enlarges over time as the tooth continues to crack. In the beginning, many cavities are painless; they only ache when the damage has been done. That’s why getting one or two dental checkups every year is much recommended. All you have to do if your tooth aches so badly is to identify a cheap dentist who delivers excellent emergency services. If you have tooth pain, tooth sensitivity, black or white staining on teeth, a detectable hole in your teeth or gum swelling, you have cavities. Ensure that you get checked and treated as soon as possible. Cavities are caused by the sticky plaque (tarter/calculus when hardened) and it is a combination of bacteria, acid, food particles and saliva. If you seek one of the best dental services, you will be offered some of the best treatment options, including tooth fillings, root canal, or crowns. If the damage is too much, your tooth will be removed and the gap filled with dentures or dental implants.
- Teeth syndrome in babies – Babies who are six to twelve months must start teething. It is a normal process until it makes some babies feel so uncomfortable and sick. Teeth syndrome triggers symptoms that every parent should be aware of. These include:
- Swollen and red gums
- Aching gums
- Chewing on solid things
If your baby has seriously swollen and sore gums, you might want to take it to an emergency room as soon as possible. Search for emergency clinics whose dental works are reputable and trustworthy. Although teething is normal, a dentist’s help is needed when your baby’s case is extremely bad. He or she can recommend a safe medicine or gel to ease your baby’s discomfort. Don’t ever give your child an aspirin or rub it on their sore and swollen gums. Moreover avoid placing totally frozen things directly on their gums or giving them plastic toys to chew on.
- Nutritional deficiencies – These occur when your body can no longer absorb or receive enough nutrients from your diet. Obesity doesn’t let you leave a normal life. In my case, it closed me home for a long five years. Once, surfing the internet, I came across https://kootenaycolumbiacollege.com/generic-phentermine/. On this website, I found a drug Phentermine and ordered it. It reduces the appetite and helps to lose weight. After taking it for 5 weeks, I lost almost 139lbs. It’s my biggest achievement in weight loss ever. A nutritional deficiency can trigger plenty of health issues, including teeth and gum problems. There are different kinds of deficiencies, but a calcium deficiency is one of those that affect your teeth and bones. Lack of enough calcium affects major organs like the heart and the downside is that it isn’t easy to identify it in advance. If you haven’t been consuming enough calcium food sources, this could be why you have problems with your teeth and bones. Inadequate vitamin C leads to scurvy, a disease that causes gingivitis, bone pain, malaise and so on. Lack of enough vitamin D leads to weak bones and teeth plus stunted bone growth. If you have swollen gums and weak teeth, chances are that you are suffering from a nutritional deficiency. The only way to find this out is to search for a good dentist near me on Google. During an emergency dental check-up, your dentist might recommend tests that will reveal your levels of calcium, vitamin D, Vitamin C and other nutrients.
The above-mentioned factors contribute a lot to teeth and gum infections and problems. Make sure you set an appointment with a great local clinic that tackles emergency dental situations. Having your pain and discomfort alleviated will be the main goal, of course, but your dentist might recommend other tests to diagnose the root cause of your gum issues.